Try the tasty smoothie to start your day, pairing sweet fruit with nutritious spinach. It tastes simply amazing.
- 2 cups cool filtered water
- 7 cups chopped spinach
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery (about 2 stalks)
- 1 pear, cored and chopped
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- 1 ripe banana, peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro (optional
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley (optional)
Add water, spinach, and chopped romaine to the blender. Start the blender on a low speed and mix until smooth. Next add the celery, pear, apple, banana, and lemon juice, plus the cilantro and parsley, if desired. Blend on high until smooth.
YIELD: about 60 ounces (3 to 4 servings)
Mix and match your greens and fruits for nutritional variety, depending on what looks fresh and is seasonal. It’s best to avoid melons, which digest better on their own. Be sure to always include the lemon. Use organic produce as much as possible.
We found this Skin Nourishing Smoothie in the Book Radical Beauty by Deepak Chopra, M. D. & Kimberly Snyder, C. N.