The simply wonderful act of having a cup of tea.
Life’s simple pleasures are what most of us are looking towards as a source of enjoyment and contentment at present. One such delicately aromatic pleasure we can all enjoy is also one of the world’s oldest rituals, dating back to the third century AD, is sitting down to a cup tea.
Lung Strengthener Recipe
- 1 tablespoon of thyme (30 g)
- 1 tablespoon of dried nettle (30 g)
- 1 cup of water (200 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of honey (30 g)
Once water is boiling, add thyme and nettle and simmer 15-20 minutes. Allow tea to stand for another 10 minutes, then add a tablespoon of honey and drink slowly, being sure to inhale the steam. You can drink two cups of this tea daily.
Tips for (True) Tea & Tisanes (Herbal & Spice) Teas
- Use ceramic, crockery or bone china teapots or cups to steep your tea in. Metals such as aluminum, diminish the tea and herb’s potency, and taste.
- The steeping times differ for the different variety of teas – traditional tea. Use the time suggested on package as a guide. Personal tastes vary, so you adjust accordingly. generally 4-6 minutes
- Steep herbal tea for up to 10 minutes or as directed on the tea package. Again, steeping time will vary according to your taste.
- Be sure not over boil the water: True Teas & Herbal Teas 100° max.; Herbal Tea 76°C-82°C max.